Monday, 11 June 2018

Informal settlements

My life in Informal Settlements I woke up at 5:00 in the morning, I was feeling cold, and SCARED. My parents are at Mozambique, and they told me it was my responsibility to look after Angela, Alisse Mandy and myself. I got out of bed, the floor was wet, even my slippers and socks too. All our stuff was wet. When we all got ready to go to school, we opened the door and it was extremely dark outside, we were walking and I shoes just suddenly got wet. When we took our torches we saw that there was a flood, and that’s why our house holds, clothes, kitchen etc. got wet. When we arrived at school, the classroom was so small, that not even 10 people can be in one classroom. We all sat next to each other in class. It was very difficult for us to work. The schooling was not great at all. All of us didn’t have good education. When we were learning about rivers,lakes, mountains ect. they didn’t have any Atals books so we didn’t know what they were talking about. My sisters and I , wanted to go to the toilet, when we went to the toilet, it was so dirty, disgusting and dookie on the floor. The wasn’t even a toilet, only a bucket to make a number 1 and 2. I didn’t feel very happy to stay in a shack. I felt very unsafe and I felt like I was living in a shack by myself raised like I had no one to look after me.

2 comments: